Wednesday, March 9, 2011





I can't believe I've done it! I "almost" designed a quilt, I say "almost" because it wasn't my original idea. I liked the design and wanted an easy quilt that I could make for the Threads of Love group I sew with; the quilt will eventually be an infant size crib quilt. So it was the beginning of something fun and challenging!
The first picture is copy of the block from EQ Library, that I thought had the basis for the block I wanted but I didn't all the additional parts of the block. Second, pic. shows that I edited and deleted most of the block parts and added the circle in the center. The pie-shaped sections within the cirlce are actually the seams of the sections under the circle. The circles will be appliques done over the sections. Third pic, is using the fabric selection in EQ to color in the blocks.
All of this wouldn't have been possible without having completed the Skylights Mystery Lessons from EQ. Its taken me little over a month to do the lessons and then finally see the inspiration for my first EQ quilt. This is the whole reason I wanted EQ, to be able to draw my own quilts from ideas I had seen in magazines and other places.
Thanks to everyone at Quilting Board who helped and encouraged me to take the lessons. With-out them, none of this would have been possible. Chris

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris....the quilt you've designed looks great, even if you claim it's only an 'almost' self design...when you think about it, there's only so many ways to sew and only so many ways to design quilts...there will always be someone else, somewhere in the world with the same idea, either past or present....so congratulations on yours hun. I saw a link for this post on FB and had to come have a look. Hugs Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to check this out after you recommended that mystery class for EQ on the yahoo group. Thanks. I can't wait to find the time to start that. I also bought EQ so I could design quilts instead of buying pattern after pattern. Some of it has been frustrating because when I make the block I get no cutting directions, etc. Hopefully after taking this class I will figure out what i am doing wrong. Thanks again. Your quilt is great. Can't wait to see the actual quilt!

    ReplyDelete