Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Hi! The wall hanging is finished! Its taken almost two years, other projects always seemed to keep this one to the background. After I finished the Easter runner, I decided to finish the quilt before starting on anything else.
I had alot of fun working on this sampler quilt, different block and fabrics made working on it more interesting. Now I know why BOM are so popular. The birdhouse block at the upper left corner matches the birdhouse runner posted Jan 28,'09. Because the kitchen table is right in front of the fireplace, wanted the runner and quilt look good together. So many of the same fabrics are used on both.
When the house was remodeled, the chimmey was removed but the fireplace along with the rocks were left in place; so its a safe place to hang a quilt, the fireplace hasn't been used in years. I wish we had room for a mantel but that's okay, I got the quilt in its place.
Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend. Hugs, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment